All travel and expense requests are submitted for approval before being reimbursed by the company. A Manager or HR manager is responsible for approval of these requests, depending upon the company workflow.
Note 1: This help page demonstrates step-by-step instructions for a Manager to approve a travel request. HR has got similar sections in the Empxtrack portal for travel and expense modules. Same procedure is followed to approve an expense request in the Expense Details section.
Note 2: Travel and Expense module is not available in Free Payroll. Upgrade to a paid version to avail these functionalities.
To approve a travel request, you need to:
1. Log in to the system as a Manager or HR Manager.
2. Go to Process tab and scroll down to Travel details section. Click View travel records link to view requests sent to you by your subordinates.
Note: Alternatively, manager/ HR can go to the Message Center to view travel/ expense request and click View icon to take further steps (as shown in Figure 2).
3. A new page appears where you can view the travel request from the team member along with the details of their travel.
4. View the details of the request, verify the amount and view the document ( if attached).
You can view notes added by the employee and add your notes by clicking Add Note link appearing at the end of the window.
5. You can add or edit travel details by clicking on Add travel leg icon or Edit button.
6. Click on the Submit button to accept the request. Or click Reject button to reject the request.
The request is successfully approved / sent to another level (as per the workflow being used and current workflow stage), if you have selected Submit option.
You can follow the same steps as an HR manager to approve the travel or expense requests submitted by employees.
Click on each of the following links to know more about them: