Upload attendance functionality allows HR to upload the attendance of all the employees in one go through CSV file upload. If you are using a biometric machine or any other attendance automatic marking system in your company then you can use Empxtrack to automatically import and process your attendance data in a variety of formats.
Once the attendance is marked, employees or their managers can regularize attendance in case of errors.
Note: The functionality to upload mass attendance using CSV file is not available in Empxtrack Free Payroll and HR software. Upgrade to a paid version to avail this feature.
To upload attendance, you need to:
- Log in to the system as HR Manager/ HR Admin.
- Go to Process >> Attendance >> View Attendance Details >> Click Attendance Upload and Process tab. The Upload Attendance page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
- Click Download Sheet link from the first point on the page.
The Opening <attendance data sheet> window appears, as shown in Figure 2.
- Click OK.The file will be downloaded on your computer.
The Opening <import master> page may or may not appear in your browser because its appearance depends on your browser version and your browser settings. If you do not see this dialog box appearing, you can save the target file on your computer and then change the extension of the file to .csv. To know more about saving the import file on your computer, click Save .CSV File.
You can now open the file in MS Excel. To know how to open the file in MS Excel, click Open .CSV File.
Once the .csv file is downloaded, you have the format in which the data needs to be put. You can now put the attendance data in the file, as shown in Figure 3.
- Ensure that dates that you provide, appear in the format mentioned in the .csv file.If dates do not appear in desired format then right-click the date cell(s) in which you are providing dates and then select the correct date format so that date appears in <DD/MM/YYYY> format, as shown in Figure 4.
Upload the CSV File
Once you have added the data of all the employees in the csv file, you can upload the file to Empxtrack system.
To upload the file, you need to:
- Browse the .CSV file from your computer in which you have put data.
- Click Upload button appearing next to Upload the same file here text box, as shown in Figure 5.
The file is successfully uploaded and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 6.
Click on each of these links to know more about them