Setup Shifts functionality allows users to define work shifts in the company.
Note: The functionality to setup shifts is not available in Empxtrack Free Payroll and HR software. Upgrade to paid version to avail this feature.
To setup shifts, you need to:
- Log into the system as HR Manager / HR Admin.
- Go to Settings >> Manage shifts in Employee Self Services.
- Click Manage Shifts link from the Employee Self Services page that appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The Shift Definition page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
The page displays the shifts that exist in your company and allows you to add more shifts. All the shifts that you create can be modified and deleted except the Default Shift that can only be modified.
If no shifts are defined in the system, the Default Shift is used by default.
- Click Add.
The Shift Definition page displays the shift creation fields, as shown in Figure 3.
- Provide a shift code in the Shift Code field and the name of the shift in the Name of Shift field.
- Provide the Start Time and End Time of the shift in their respective fields.
- Select Shift spans across 2 days check box if the shift spans 2 days.
- Choose specific color from the color box to represent the shift.
- Click Save.
The shift is successfully created and appears on the Shift Definition page, as shown in Figure 4.
Click on each of these links to know more about them