Capture Challan TNS 281 Details
Challan No. TNS 281 is used for depositing Tax Deducted at Source/ Tax collected at source (TDS/TCS) every month.
A tax payer gets a tear-off portion from the challan from the bank with a unique Challan Identification Number (CIN) after getting it stamped by the bank.
CIN is a unique number containing the following information:
- 7 digit BSR Code of the bank branch where tax is deposited.
- Date of presentation of the challan (DD/MMYY)
- Serial number of challan in that branch on that day (5 digits)
The CIN has to be quoted in the Income Tax Return as a proof of payment. It is also required for any further inquiry.
After you submit your Challan TNS281 to income tax department, you can store the details of the challan in the Empxtrack Lite system. These details can be used to fill Form 24 Q, which is filled quarterly.
To capture the details of Challan TNS281, you need to:
1. Log into the system.
2. Roll on the cursor to Manager tab and then select Manage Payroll option, as shown in Figure 2-17-1.
The Manage Payroll node expands in the left navigation bar with Run Payroll node selected.
3. Select Manage Challan Info subnode from the Manage Payroll node.
The Manage Challans for India Payroll page appears, as shown in Figure 2-17-2.
4. Click Challan TNS 281 link.
The Challan TNS 281 page appears, as shown in Figure 2-17-3.
The page displays one or more challan records for each pay period of the current financial year, for which the challan was captured. Although, you submit only one Challan TNS281 for a pay period, all the challans captured for a pay period can be seen on the page.
5. Select the financial period from the Financial Period dropdown, for which you wish to see the challans.
6. Select the pay period from the Pay Period drop down to see challans of the specific pay period.
By default all the challans of the current financial year are displayed.