Calculate payroll is the first step of Run Payroll process. To calculate payroll, you need to:
1. Initiate Payroll Run. To know more about initiating payroll run, click Initiate Payroll Run.
The Run Payroll page now displays the list of employee for which you can run the payroll for the selected pay period.
2. Select the employees for whom you want to run the payroll calculation by selecting the corresponding check box for the employees. To select all the employees, select Select All check box near Emp Name column.
3. Click Run Payroll link on the left side of the page, just below the Not Calculated tab, as shown in Figure 2-11-1.
The system will automatically integrate with leave, attendance, and travel and expense modules to pick all the monthly data that changed in the selected payroll period. It also includes any arrears that need to be paid to employees and any deductions that include leave without pay, loan repayments or any advance payments that need to be adjusted in the current month’s payroll of employees.
The payroll calculation starts for the selected employees, as shown in Figure 2-11-2.
The payroll is successfully calculated and the status message for the payroll calculation appears for each employee in the Status column, as shown in Figure 2-11-3.
4. Click Done.
The Run Payroll page now displays the records of only the employees whose salaries are calculated. The calculated payroll amount is displayed in the Net Pay Amount field and payroll calculation status in the Status column for each employee. In addition, the Action column displays the icons to adjust payroll, delete payroll and view payroll respectively.
The Calculated button is now highlighted and displays the number of employees whose salaries have been calculated.
You may want to delete the payroll calculation for employees. For example, if you have calculated salary for an exit employee, you may need to delete it because you need to perform full and final calculation for the employee instead of calculating the salary for the employee.
5. (Optionally) Select the employees whose salary calculation need to be erased and then click Erase Multiple Payroll to delete the payroll for the selected employees. Alternatively, click on the corresponding delete icon for an employee whose salary record you want to delete to delete the salary calculation record for the employee.
After calculating payroll, if you realize that you need to make some adjustments in the payroll then you can do them manually.
6. Click the corresponding icon for an employee to adjust the payroll. Alternatively, you can select the employees whose payroll you want to adjust and click Adjust Multiple Payroll link on the left side of the page just below the Not Calculated button, as shown in Figure 2-11-4.
The payroll details for the selected employees appear on the page, as shown in Figure 2-11-5.
By default, the page displays the data for all types of payroll variables. However, you can click on a variable type tab to deselect that variable type. The data for the deselected variable type is now shown.
7. Modify the data according to your requirements and click Save all. You can also click save icon at the end of each row for an employee to save the data for that particular employee.
The salaries are recalculated according to the changes made and a new salary transaction is added. A message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 2-11-6.
8. Click Cancel.
Once the salaries are calculated and adjusted, the next step is to submit the salary for approval. To know more about submitting the salary for approval, click Send Payroll for Approval.